A medical writer writes scientific documents related to the healthcare industry. These documents may include clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms, regulatory documents, and manuscripts for publication in scientific journals.
Specific tasks and responsibilities that a medical writer may have:
- Writing scientific documents: The medical writer prepares scientific documents such as clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms, and regulatory documents. They may also write manuscripts for publication in scientific journals.
- Editing and proofreading: The medical writer edits and proofreads documents to ensure that they are accurate, clear, and well-written.
- Collaborating with other team members: The medical writer works with a team of scientists, clinicians, and other professionals to gather the necessary information and develop the content for the documents they are writing.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines: The medical writer ensures that the documents they prepare are compliant with relevant regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Managing projects: The medical writer may be responsible for managing the production of multiple documents, coordinating with other team members and meeting deadlines.
Candidates for a medical writing position typically have a scientific or medical background, such as a degree in biology, chemistry, or medicine. They should also have excellent writing and communication skills. Experience in the healthcare industry is often preferred.
Other terms for this job-profile
There are a few different job titles that may be used for a medical writer, including scientific writer, medical communications specialist, and regulatory writing specialist.
Explore the broad range of job opportunities
Do you know the tasks, responsibilities, requirements of the various jobs available for bio scientists?
More job profiles will continously be published.
Bio Scientists – the future key player
Congratulation, if you are educated in any kind of bio sciences. Your working area will be either in health, environment, energy, food production, nutrition or closely related to one of it. All of these are indispensable areas for human life. The future is in your hands.
written and edited by life-science Karriere Services